Preventative Maintenance Tips
Enjoy the experience of being ProActiv™
Get ProActiv With Your Summer Maintenance
The official start of summer is here and so is the summer weather. Performing preventive summer maintenance is a terrific way to ensure things run smoothly at home, giving you more time to get out and enjoy the warm weather with your family and friends.
Preventive home maintenance can help you avoid costly repairs and replacements and even increase your home’s value. ProActiv has a summer maintenance checklist we follow for our clients and in our own homes.
One client told ProActiv they love summer, but the sunlight reveals more cobwebs. As they see the cobwebs, they also notice the peeling drywall. Each issue seems to reveal another issue, and they feel overwhelmed.
If you’re unsure where to start with summer maintenance, then ProActiv can help. With our guidance, you’ll have your home in tip-top shape, so you can get out and experience your summer.
Download Your ProActiv Prevention Fix List Now
No need to worry about tackling that to-do list on your own. Make your list and then call us for a free estimate!
Your Summer Maintenance Checklist
- Inspect the caulking around the windows and doors, both inside your home and outside.
- Consider a professional roof inspection, as proper roof maintenance ensures it lasts as long as possible.
- Inspect your gutters to see if they need cleaned. Check for a buildup of leaves and other debris.
- Inspect the foundation for cracks or leaks, which create entry points for groundwater, insects, and radon gas.
- Check for any rotting boards and replace them.
- Secure any loose nails or screws.
- Check if your deck needs resealing by pouring a little water on it. If it beads into little puddles, no need to reseal. If it sinks into the wood, it’s time to reseal.
- Check for outdoor leaks in all outdoor faucets and hoses to avoid high water bills.
- Inspect smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors, and change the batteries
- Clean drains and faucet traps, as well as the bathroom fan vent.
- Set your ceiling fans to rotate the blades counterclockwise, creating a downdraft.
- Clean the dryer vent and exhaust duct.
HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning)
- Have a qualified specialist inspect the HVAC system.
- Change your HVAC system filter.
Tips To Get Started
- Set one or two days a week with the family to check off an area on your summer maintenance list.
- Use professionals in those areas that are difficult to access, like the roof and gutters.
- If you find you need to replace or repair something major, add it to your ProActiv fix-it list, we are always here to help.
- Last but not least DO NOT BE OVERWHELMED!!!
Have fun this summer and follow the steps given to keep your home properly maintained for the season. Remember, regular preventive maintenance can save you 50-75% on costs in the long run. So, continue being ProActiv!
Check out our Preventive Maintenance Service to learn more and schedule a technician today.
“I love having a list to help me know what things I should do to keep my home looking aesthetically pleasing and running well, with no unexpected repairs. Everything is fixed, and ProActiv Prevention is coming back next season.”
Get a Maintenance Assessment
If you’re new to preventive maintenance in your home or building, give ProActiv a call. We can help you with a preventative maintenance plan that will help you keep your property beautiful for years to come.
We can give you the confidence you need to take charge of preventive maintenance with your home or business. And when bigger problems come up, you can trust us to take care of them quickly and efficiently.
Get started! It’s as simple as contacting ProActiv Prevention, your qualified handyman and preventive maintenance specialist.